Calendar Designing and Printing Tips
Offices and households require calendars to keep track of important events. Even though many people turn to their phones for this purpose, nothing beats the physical thing. Calendars are specifically crucial for businesses and corporate organizations. When designed and printed correctly, calendars are a marketing opportunity. Professionally designed and printed calendars will impress your consumers, and once it is in their homes, it will remind them of your business every day. So, where do you start for custom calendars?
Types of Calendars
The first thing you need to determine is the type of calendar you want. Deciding on the theme will help you get a better idea of what the calendar should look like. There are many calendar options available, but the most popular are:
- Wall Calendar– this is the most traditional type of calendar, and it one of the best ways to market yourself. It is large enough to be hung on a wall and give you room to advertise your products.
- Poster– this type of calendar is great for visual and dramatic images. It is a creative way to display products but be sure that the images are of high quality. Also, because it only gives little room, you have to ensure that the images best speak for your business.
- Journals– journal calendars will give your consumers something that reminds them of your business and helps them get through daily life. It could contain monthly or weekly pages, but the most impotent thing is that it is attractive and functional.
- Desk calendars– these are creative, and while not as popular, they are convenient, and your consumers will thank you for them. Because they are small, they are best suited to portray messages that best represent your business.
Factors to Consider When Designing The Calendar
Once you know what type of calendar you want, it is time to put in the design. Just because it is a calendar, does not mean that it should be boring. You want your calendar to look good and capture the attention of everyone. You would also want it to be informative, showcasing your products and business. This is hard to achieve mainly because you need to ensure it remains tasteful and well-spaced.
- Theme– make your theme appealing and consistent. It should be something that suits your brand and speaks to your target audience best.
- Images- whether your products, services, or staff, must select good images that represent your brand. Ensure that the images you choose are of high quality and in high resolution.
- Layout- how many pages will your calendar have? Will there be one per month or week? Ensure that the layout is friendly according to the type of calendar you select.
- Color- color is an important aspect; your calendar has to shine in corporate colors. You can also take on a different approach if you are going for playful tones.
Tips for Printing
Printing a calendar is like printing anything else for marketing purposes. Therefore, as you select a printing company, keep the following tips in mind:
- Printing Paper– always go for the best quality paper. Your calendar needs to hold up for at least twelve months, and so high-quality paper will help you significantly.
- Fonts– ensure that your fonts are legible because you are trying to send a message. Your font should be eye-catching but, most of all, very legible.
- Finish– ensure that the finish is just as you want it. A good printing place will be able to achieve what you need. It should be something as close as possible to what you had envisioned in the first place.