How to Choose the Right Packaging for Your Product
Everything that involves your product deserves your full attention. You need to pay close attention to your product from how you manufacture it to dispatch. Your product should be of high-quality, inside, and out.
One of the most significant ways to make your product successful is to ensure that the packaging is correct. The right packaging will attract consumers and ensures that your product is safe through the distribution process.
Great packaging also assists with your brand image. It improves the brand’s quality, and customers will be able to separate your product from competitors and knock-offs. The wrong package could do the reverse.
Moreover, one of the most essential elements of good packaging is an impressive but simple design. The packaging should also serve its purpose while effortlessly standing out. Furthermore, it should be strong enough for transportation.
Types of Packaging
There are many types of packaging available in the market today. However, there are a few common ones you will find in Kenya that will serve you well.
- Paperboard Boxes– this is a popular choice for many products. Paperboard boxes are popular because they are lightweight, durable, and flexible in design. They come in different sizes and shapes.
- Paper Bags– this is another popular packaging popularly known as ‘brown bags.’ They are easily flexible and lightweight. They also come in different shapes and sizes.
- Sachets– often made of plastic or thin foil, sachets offer the perfect packaging for loose products and snacks such as cornflakes, crisps, tea, etc.
- Corrugated Boxes– these are built to carry heavier and delicate items such as shoes and glass objects. They are flexible in design and have high durability.
- Sealed Pouches– these are made of plastic and have a sealing option that allows reuse. They come in different sizes with the most commonly used to visually appealing items such as package jewelry.
Choosing the Right Packaging for Your Product
Selecting the right packaging is all about making considerations for your product. When you have to make this decision, consider the following elements.
- Budget– before you do anything, you must first consider your budget. Your budget is your guide to determining the materials you will choose and the type of packaging you will settle for. Try to stick to your budget as much as possible.
- Size– the size of your product should dictate what type of packaging you get. If you have products of different sizes, you will need flexible packaging that comes in various sizes.
- Type of product– is your product fragile or perishable? It would be best if you made these considerations to select the packaging that is best suited for the product.
- Transportation– your packaging should serve its purpose. It should be functional, and you can determine the best based on how you transport your products. Choose packaging that would protect your product and maintain its shape or build.
- Material– always go for high-quality packaging materials that can hold prints or sticker labels well. The material also ensures that it reaches destinations without tears or damage to the packaging.
- Sustainability– strive to do your part in conserving the environment by selecting eco-friendly packaging materials.
- Appeal– determine which type of product packaging will appeal best to your consumers. Things like color, shape, texture appeal to different age groups and crowds.
The packaging is not complete without a sticker label. A label offers superior customization to help consumers identify essential information. It is an integral part of getting the correct package for your product. Printing on the packaging material can be expensive. Sticker labels offer a creative and cost-effective way of personalization. With the right design and printing, stickers look less cheap and more tasteful.
Sticker labels are colorful inserts of packaging that rely on essential information about the product. They contain manufacture dates, expiry dates, ingredients, product content, etc. they are also practical marketing tools. Because they contain the company’s name and contact information, they offer consumers information about the brand and company. You can even get creative with sticker labels by running a sale or campaign on a product.
The perfect packaging should sell itself. It should feature modern and functional designs to attract consumers. Most importantly, it should have clear well-designed sticker labels for recognition among competitors.